MMA Nation Round-Up provides you with daily coverage of the latest in news, multimedia, and analysis throughout the world of combat sports.
Today we go over all the last minute items of Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine, from previews and interviews, to predictions and statistical analysis. And, of course, we'll get to the latest chapter of B.J. Penn's out-of-nowhere beef with the Cesar Gracie camp. But first...
- MMA Fighting's Ben Fowlkes dropped by with a fantastic piece on the evolution of Muhammed Lawal.
- Catch an early preview of tonight's main event with MMA Mania's comprehensive Rockhold vs. Jardine statistical breakdown.
- Like any fighter, Luke Rockhold just wants to be the best in the world. If you're in the middleweight division, that means just one thing. Listen to the champ: "They say Anderson Silva's only got four fights left; I want to be one of those four fights."
- The Bloody Elbow staff gets together to make their predictions for Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine.
- Not enough for you? Then check out MMA Mania's own Jesse Holland for his picks and analysis.
- In a surprise decision, Floyd Mayweather's jail sentence was delayed to June 1st, meaning there's still an outside shot that "Money" could be meeting Manny Pacquiao on May 5, 2012.
- If this kind of thing interests you, MTV's released the season premiere of their vaguely MMA-themed series Caged. Remember, this is MTV, so expect all the manufactured teen drama you could handle.
Get More: Caged
- With the UFC-Spike TV relationship done, and Bellator waiting in the wings for 2013, could the network be looking to branch out into boxing? Apparently so, as officials have reportedly turned to boxing promoter Bob Arum and Top Rank Inc.