MMA Nation Round-Up provides you with daily coverage of the latest in news, multimedia, and analysis throughout the world of combat sports. This morning we'll take a quick look at UFC 142 before moving on to this weekend's Strikeforce action and the recent misadventures of Dana White.
- We'll kick things off with a recap of Tuesday's UFC 142 conference call. Check out complete audio and all the notable quotes from Jose Aldo, Chad Mendes, Vitor Belfort and Anthony Johnson.
- Meanwhile, Strikeforce women's contender Ronda Rousey is hard at work preparing for her next challenge.
- M-1 Global light heavyweight champion Vinny Magalhaes has made no secret of his desire to come to the UFC. See why he said, "if you're not in the UFC automatically you're a can, that's just how people see you."
- Was Jim Hettes' stunning Friday night performance enough to vault the 24-year-old to the top of the UFC's Ten Best Newcomers of 2011?
- Watch as Fedor discusses his apparent title as the "Ambassador of Sambo." Also, French boxing.
- As a fan, it's easy to question Keith Jardine's title shot against Luke Rockhold. If your name is Luke Rockhold, that proposition gets a little trickier. Why, then, would the champion say, "I don't always want these random fights like Keith Jardine, I want people who have earned their spot."
- Tyron Woodley may be fighting for Strikeforce on Saturday's "Rockhold vs. Jardine" show, but that doesn't mean he can't look ahead to the future. Said Woodley, "the goal is to be number one and those guys are in the UFC, so I can't be telling a story that I never planned on fighting in the UFC ever."
- TMZ caught Dana White outside of a club and lobbed a few softballs at him about Fedor. Of course the UFC president couldn't help but take a jab at the Russian.
- Dallas Winston returns with a comprehensive breakdown of the Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine undercard.
- Let's be honest; nobody anticipated Johny Hendricks blasting through Jon Fitch like that at UFC 141. But was it enough to earn the bearded one a spot on the UFC's Ten Best Upsets of the Year?
- Follow Vitor Belfort as he preps for his bout with Anthony "Rumble" Johnson at UFC 142 Rio.
- Chael Sonnen will have a surprising cohort when he makes his way to the Octagon at UFC on Fox 2.
- Speaking of Chael, if "The People's Champion" earns the victory over Mark Munoz in late-January, he would likely earn a rematch with Anderson Silva held in a Brazilian soccer stadium. His safety cannot be guaranteed.
- We'll leave you with the aftermath of Dana White's night on the town, as the tipsy president spills a few tidbits for 2012.