MMA Nation Round-Up provides you with daily coverage of the latest in news, multimedia, and analysis throughout the world of combat sports.
We've got tons to talk about today, from killer UFC on Fox 2 promos to Dana White's unfortunate decision to challenge the Internet, so let's jump right into it.
- Sparks were flying on Thursday afternoon at the UFC on Fox 2 pre-fight press conference. In case you missed any of the trash-talking action, the presser starts at 24:18 on the video below.
- And yes, Senor Chael brought a replica strap. Watch your eyes, Demian Maia.
- With all of Sonnen's antics, it seems like everybody is forgetting about the night's barnburner of a main event. Check out the latest preview video of Rashad Evans vs. Phil Davis below.
- What would Evans do if Jon Jones confronts him in the cage on Saturday? "I won't say nothin' stupid like, you're ruining my special night, Jon!"
- Follow Rashad as he deals with the media hurricane while trying to stay focused on the task ahead. "I don't even know what day of the week it is," he says. "I'm just losing my mind right now just in and out of mindsets. I just want to go and just fight Phil." (HT: MMA Mania)
- There were plenty of gems from the presser, but none got a bigger laugh than Rashad's one-liner, "Phil lookin' like Arsenio Hall and John Salley had a baby."
- Davis takes it in stride when asked about the public's attachement of 'explosive' and 'naturally gifted' monikers to black athletes (HT: Middle Easy).
- One of the presser's biggest eruptions came when Rashad Evans decided to challenge Phil Davis' wrestling pedigree.
- The two headliners stare each other down after Thursday's proceedings.
- Chael Sonnen kicked the co-main event off by absolutely blasting Inside MMA's Kenny Rice.
- Only one of these two men will get the next shot at Anderson Silva.
- So what was with Sonnen's belt, anyway?
- Aside from his strap, Sonnen's rhyme-laden performance at the presser was basically a promoter's dream.
- And somehow the man always finds a camera. "The People's Champion" decided to show off his tumbling routine during Wednesday's open workouts, and MMAFighting's Ariel Helwani and Mike Russow suddenly became secondary to the Chael P. Sonnen Show. (HT: Cage Potato)
- Not to be outdone, Bisping shot back with this personal dig: "If you need to get you testosterone replaced, you're in wrong sport."
- Mouth vs. Mouth; England vs. America; Sonnen vs. Bisping. Ladies and gentlemen, your co-main event for Saturday night.
- Of course, there are plenty of other fights on the docket for UFC on Fox 2, so Dallas Winston comes back at you with Part 1 and Part 2 of his Fuel TV prelims dissections.
- Chris Weidman vs. Demian Maia may not be getting all the press, but it's still a hell of a scrap.
- In unrelated MMA news, UFC President Dana White continued his company's crusade against internet piracy by issuing this challenger to hackers: "Keep hacking our site. Do it again. Do it tonight."
- Hackers promptly released all of White's information, including his social security number.
- Hollywood director Steven Soderbergh admits that Gina Carano's Haywire is doing ‘terrible' when pestered by TMZ. (HT: MMA Mania)
- Fedor Emelianenko's next fight could be this summer, in either Monaco or Russia.
- Anton Tabuena brings us an exclusive photo gallery from this month's URCC Cebu 7: Folayang Vs. Teixeira event in Mandaue City.
- We'll leave you with the latest diatribe from Ronda Rousey, who's quickly becoming the female version of Chael Sonnen: "GSP was good for the sport for a while... But I think he's done everything he can in a positive way and he needs to step aside and let Nick Diaz kick his ass."