MMA Nation Round-Up provides you with daily coverage of the latest in news, multimedia, and analysis throughout the world of combat sports. Today we catch up with Lenne Hardt of Pride infamy, watch Michael Bisping slap a much smaller reporter, and learn what could have been with Kurt Angle vs. Kimbo Slice, live on pay-per-view.
- Does the name Lenne Hardt ring a bell? Well it should if you were a fan of mixed martial arts during the glory days of Pride. Head Kick Legend's Justin Faux caught up with the legendary voice after this weekend's DREAM 17 event.
- For years Kurt Angle was an on-again, off-again flirt with Dana White and the UFC. While no deal ever came to fruition, if the UFC got their way, according to Angle we would have seen the wrestling star square off with Kimbo Slice in the most ridiculous of circus fights.
- Rashad Evans has a long, public history history with MMA trainer extraordinaire Greg Jackson. According to the former champion, at this point the relationship has become irreparable.
- UFC President Dana White put boxing analyst Larry Merchant on blast recently, and word quickly reached the 80-year-old. That's just fine though, because according to Merchant, "anyone who can make a multimillion dollar business out of street fighting has to be respected."
- Joe Warren is not the most well-liked mixed martial artist out there. Thus, it was inevitable that pundits began to question whether he really deserves the Bellator featherweight title after his brutal loss to Alexis Vila at Bellator 51.
- Whether you love him or hate him, you can't deny that Michael Bisping always makes things interesting. The upcoming "Ultimate Fighter 14" coach lived up to his reputation once again, jokingly pushing and slapping Studio MMA's Bobby Cavian during a recent interview.
- Despite a recent slump, Wanderlei Silva remains a fan-favorite for his fearless style and never-say-die attitude. The former Pride champion has now signed on to battle Cung Le at UFC 139 in November, and he couldn't be more excited.