MMA Nation Round-Up provides you with daily coverage of the latest in news, multimedia, and analysis throughout the world of combat sports. Today we bring you oodles of UFC 135 coverage, tidbits from the debut of TUF 14, and Victor Ortiz's TMZ demands.
- If you're into baseball, you've probably heard the phrase "Manny being Manny" to describe how people handled precarious All-Star slugger Manny Ramirez. Well UFC President Dana White is taking the same approach to Nick Diaz.
- Larry Merchant is still the talk of the town, and Dana White was the latest to get in on the conversation, referring to the longtime HBO commentator as "senile."
- Michael Bisping and Jason "Mayhem" Miller are competing coaches on the fourteenth season of "The Ultimate Fighter." Now they're also competing to see who had the better UStream chat.
- Speaking of "The Ultimate Fighter 14," featherweight competitor Akira Corassani weighed-in on MMA Nation with his take from the debut episode.
- Keeping with UFC 135, Compustrike released the latest simulations for Jon Jones vs. Quinton Jackson. Their prediction? Jones is better than a 4-1 favorite.
- Has the pressure finally cracked Jon Jones? Who knows. Nonetheless, the scene was bizarre on Thursday as the young UFC light heavyweight champion spoke in a British accent for the entirety of his interview with Luke Thomas, and admitted (perhaps in jest) that Spygate was a reality.
- Quinton "Rampage" Jackson has come a long way in his thirteen year career. MMA Mania travels back in time to the scene of his first professional knockout at Pride 17.
- Jon Jones and "Rampage" Jackson continued their whirlwind media tour, stopping by the set of Fuel TV's The Daily Habit, where Jones again admitted to the veracity of Jackson's spy allegations. (HT: MMA Mania)
- TMZ tracked down recent sucker punch victim Victor Ortiz going out to dinner. Needless to say, the fighter had quite a bit to say about the combination that ended the fight and his demand for a rematch.