MMA Nation Round-Up provides you with daily coverage of the latest in news, multimedia, and analysis throughout the world of combat sports. This morning we'll take a peek at all the various happenings of the UFC, from Royce Gracie's alligator wrestling to Dan Henderson's after-hour conquests. Plus, a closer look at AMA Fight Club's noble efforts to raise money for the Daniel James Miller Foundation.
- The Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Masvidal conference call took place on Tuesday and MMA Nation was there with full coverage. Check out all the notable quotes and listen to the call in its entirety in this StoryStream.
- Light heavyweight contender Dan Henderson had a chance encounter with one of the more notorious names of UFC's past.
- Speaking of Dan Henderson, the 41-year-old was apparently very busy this week. Paparazzi recently spotted Henderson escorting two young ladies out of a club with MLB pitcher Brad Penny. (via TMZ)
- Just in case you forgot, Jon Jones isn't a big fan of Rashad Evans. See what made the light heavyweight champion say, "Trust me, Rashad does not have chin."
- Why does Chael Sonnen support the Brazilian soccer team Palmeiras? Because they're the arch rivals of Anderson Silva's Corinthians, of course. Chael's boys may not have won this season's title, but he still wanted to send his support: "Palmeiras, Chael Sonnen here from the USA. Wanna congratulate you guys on an awesome season ... the wrong guys won the national championship, but I'm gonna bring the WORLD championship to Palmeiras where it belongs!" (HT: MMA Mania)
- The UFC's quest for global domination continues. The newest target for 2012: Sweden.
- Why is Urijah Faber doing 100
push-ups Dodsons? Because his Alpha Male teammate, T.J. Dillashaw, lost him a bet against UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones.
- Need help keeping track of the UFC's convoluted 205-pound rankings? Fraser Coffeen presents the UFC Light Heavyweight Division State of the Union.
- Frank Mir seems to be the forgotten man in the UFC heavyweight title picture. A win on Saturday would mark three-in-a-row for the thirty-year-old, and he believes the mini-streak would be enough to get him back into the race: "I think that the only advantage of the heavyweight division is it's not that deep of a pool."
- Royce Gracie may be 44-years-old, but don't you dare call him washed-up.
- Like him or not, Tito Ortiz is both a legend and pioneer of martial marts arts. Now, as the sunset of his career creeps ever closer, Ortiz has one particular opponent he'd like to face before he hangs up the gloves: "We've got some unfinished business."
- We'll leave you with this. Daniel James Miller, son of UFC middleweight fighter Dan Miller, was born with autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease. Earlier this week, AMA Fight Club held a Super Seminar to support Daniel in his treatments. Chris Weidman, Jim Miller, were there Dan Miller with Harris Masood of MMA Mania to share their thoughts on the event. For donation information, please visit www.amafightclub.com.