Wednesday's UFC 141 pre-fight press conference is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. PT/4:00 p.m. ET and features former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar and former Strikeforce, K-1, and DREAM heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem. Lightweight contenders Nate Diaz and Donald Cerrone are also expected to attend. Along with live updates and notable quotes, MMA Nation will provide you with full video of the conference inside this StoryStream.
Here are partial notes from each participant.
- We need to see what happens (on Cerrone and Diaz's title shot). They're both definitely up there. They both have had some big wins.
- (Overeem) was the Strikeforce champion. He could have fought for the title. But everything is determined by timing.
- I got a lot of fights to do next year. Whoever the winner of this fight is, comes out uninjured, we'll do that (heavyweight) title fight as soon as possible.
- The heavyweight division is bigger and better than it's ever been.
- Out of all the criticism Brock takes from fans, it would be pretty damn boring if he wasn't here.
- (Overeem's issues with the NSAC are) just one of those things that happen. Listen, this guy is one of the most tested guys in sports right now.
- Fox knows what they got into. This a seven-year deal and they know the sport.
- (If Anderson Silva vs. Jon Jones is possible) I don't know. There's a couple other fights that need to happen in those weight classes... The more Jon Jones fights, the more I open up to it.
- I've been through a lot of different things throughout the past couple of years.
- I really don't know anybody that enjoys getting hit in the face. It's not that I don't enjoy getting hit, we've just worked on a lot of things to try to make up for my defects.
- My health is 100%. The surgery was a success. If you guys follow the media, that question has been answered about three million times.
- I'm the underdog with a big f***ing bite. Alright?
- After the last couple years of what I've gone through, to be here and be back fighting in front of my fans and not so fans, I'm just happy to be here.
- I've been in front of the cameras for a long time. My stint in the WWE helped groom me in many many ways other than just being in the Octagon.
- I really did enjoy the Fox, analytical side of things.
- I haven't labeled myself. I go as Brock Lesnar, the UFC fighter. You guys can label me whatever you want. I don't really give a s***.
- I believe I've left no stone unturned and we're prepared for anything. You can't underestimate anybody in here.
- I don't really have any expectations. I'm trained. I feel good.
- The type of fighter I am, the type of fighter Brock is, we're not the type of guys who want it to go to the second round.
- (If he was surprised to be the favorite) Not really. Of course, I've been cleaning house overseas. This fight is going to be my 69th fight. When I was 19 I had as many fights as Brock has now.
- I'm finally in the UFC. I've already beaten everybody out of the UFC so it was the obvious next step.
- My goal is the UFC belt. Brock's in the way. Friday I'm going to beat him.
- He needs to be less one dimensional and get better stand up.
- UFC title would be the crown on my career.
- It may seem like not a lot happened in the (Werdum) fight, but a lot did happen... I had some issues in the preparation fo the fight. I broke my foot. I couldn't run... During the fight I broke my rib as well.
- He will have to stand up with me because he's not going to get that takedown. I can tell you Pat Barry is not my level in the striking.
- I think (the altercation with Cerrone) was made a little more than what it was. I just walked the other way.
- I'm happy everybody came out for the show. I'm glad I get to showcase my skills on Friday night.
- (If his jui-jitsu is better than Cerrone's) We're going to have to see. I don't know.
- (If Nate was the toughest guy he's fought) 100%. I've been following Nate and his brother for a long time. Those two are game opponents. They come to throw down.
- The altercation was there. Words were said. It's over now.
- Everything's going good. Mentally I'm the strongest I've ever been. Physically I'm the strongest I've ever been.
- Will I shake his hands after the fight? Probably not.
- (If he's trying to get another quick fight after this) Yeah, definitely. As quick as possible. Hopefully I can get out of there and fight in Japan (UFC 144).