MMA Nation Round-Up provides you with daily coverage of the latest in news, multimedia, and analysis throughout the world of combat sports.
Happy holidays internet friends! Today we're doing things a little differently. Join us as we take a look back at everything we loved about 2011. Enjoy.
- The IFL failed for many reasons, and this video may or may not be one of them. (HT: Bloody Elbow)
- Journey through Brian Ebersole's various chest hair ventures. (Photos by Esther Lin & Tracy Lee)
- The All Elbows crew put together this fantastic retrospective of the TUF 14 tryouts. Look closely and you might just spot the UFC's newest flyweight contender, Ian McCall.
- Royce Gracie may be 44-years-old, but don't you dare call him washed-up.
- A fascinating look at the beginning of Junior dos Santos' run to the heavyweight title. The moment the referee rips Cain Velasquez off Brock Lesnar, Dos Santos declares his mission. "An undefeated champion. Now he's mine."
- A bizarre photograph of a fresh-faced Dana White rolling with a young Tito Ortiz made the internet rounds. Behold, Dana + hair.
- Who could forget this little gem. F*** YOUR MOTHER!
- Take an in-depth look at the early stages of the UFC.
- The aftermath of Halloween parties can be a little brutal sometimes.
- UFC 140 didn't exactly work out this way, but hey, it happens.
- Of course, this happened. Did we ever figure out who the fighter was?
- There's a time and a place for Anderson Silva to dance and lip sync to some Justin Bieber. And that time is now.
- After Jon Jones' incredible 2011, this spot in Rolling Stone seems much more fitting.
... Jones could become the Michael Jordan of the sport. "I don't really know what to say to that," Jones says as a trainer adjusts the ice on his feet, which are nearly broken from all the punishing kicks delivered to Jackson. "I don't want to sound cocky, but I do hold myself in high regard."
- The internet set fire when the UFC released this startling video of Jose Aldo nearly killing himself to make the 145-pound weight limit. Promotion officials quickly pulled the clip, but once something's on the internet, it's hard to get it off.
- Mac Lethal, aka "The Chael Sonnen of Rap", kills this MMA/breakfast themed version of "Look at Me Now".
- Just another day in the life of Aaron Simpson.
- Peep this quote from a Los Angeles report. "An attempted robbery of an L.A. motel was foiled by mixed martial arts experts just arrived from Oregon for the World Jiu-Jitsue No-Gi Championship in Long Beach, authorities said Friday. The fighters struggled for several minutes to subdue the armed man without hurting him."
- As we leave you, Wanderlei Silva issues one last Christmas warning.