Tuesday's UFC on Fuel TV media conference call is scheduled for 11:00 a.m. PT/2:00 p.m. ET and is hosted by Fuel TV Executive Vice President Of Production & Programming George Greenberg. Along with live updates and notable quotes, MMA Nation will provide you with full audio of the call inside this StoryStream.
The UFC's debut event on Fuel TV, dubbed UFC on Fuel TV 1, takes place on February 15, 2012 at the CenturyLink Center in Omaha, Nebraska. For more analysis, follow MMA Nation (@MMANation) and Shaun Al-Shatti (@shaun_alshatti) on Twitter.
Here are partial notes from the meeting.
- Planning over 2,000+ hours of UFC programming and 100+ live hours of programming on Fuel TV in 2012 starting January 1st.
- First live show will be UFC 142 weigh-ins on January 13th as well as a post-fight show on January 14th.
- First live prelims special will be on January 20th for UFC on FX. Weigh-ins and post-fight show will be broadcast as well.
- No deals in place yet to broadcast TUF: Brazil or other international TUF seasons, but they are working on it.
- Says the UFC has the most loyal viewership of any sport he's seen.
- They're prepared for Frank Mir-type violence if it happens. Though they probably wouldn't show as many replays as the pay-per-views. "But we're not going to shy away from it."
- Having the Facebook prelims is going to be "programming gold." Hoping to enjoy ratings they've never seen before. Facebook prelims average over 150,000 viewers.
- Six events on Fuel TV, six events on FX, four on Fox for 2012.
- Confident Wednesday night events will still do well in ratings.
- "UFC Champions Roundtable" with Jay Glazer is expected to be an immensely popular quarterly show.