The co-main event of the evening at Khan vs. Peterson: Capital Showdown is Seth Mitchell vs. Timur Ibragimov. This is a heavyweight fight, meaning both fighters are over 200 pounds. Mitchell is widely considered to be the top American heavyweight prospect. The referee in charge of the action is Malik Waleed.
ROUND 1 - Both fighters coming out orthodox and Mitchell going to the body right away. Ibragimov fighting tall to start the frame, staying just out of the way of Mitchell's heavier punches. Right from Ibragimov sneaks through. Jab now for Mitchell. Jab now for Ibragimov. Mitchell firing more combinations, but none seem to be landing clean. Ibragimov lands nicely with his right. Right for Mitchell before the bell sounds. MMA Nation scores this round 10-9 Mitchell.
ROUND 2 - Mitchell opens the frame with a double jab. Fighters trading shots with Mitchell getting the better of them. Left hook for Ibraigmov lands now. Fighters trade jabs and Ibragimov lands a right hand. Beautiful left and a hard right from Mitchell has Ibragimov clearly hurt. Mitchell has Ibragimov standing there taking heavy, heavy shots. And the referee has seen enough. Early stoppage, but Mitchell was in total control.
Official result: Seth Mitchell defeats Timur Ibragimov by TKO (referee stoppage) at 2:48 of round 1.
Khan vs. Peterson results:
- Seth Mitchell defeats Timur Ibragimov by TKO (referee stoppage) at 2:48 of round 1.
- Thomas Williams defeats Reynaldo Rodriguez by TKO (referee stoppage) at :54 of round 2.
- Anthony Peterson defeats Daniel Attah by unanimous decision (80-72, 80-72, 80-72)
- Jamie Kavanagh and Ramesis Gil reach majority draw (58-56 Kavanagh, 57-57, 57-57)
- Fernando Guerrero defeats Robert Kliewer by KO at :45 of round 5.
- Dusty Harrison defeats Terrell Davis via TKO (referee stoppage) at 2:46 of round 1.
- Terron Grant defeats Dashawn Autry by TKO (referee stoppage) at 1:10 of round 1.
- Joshua Davis defeats Chris Russell via unanimous decision (40-36, 39-37, 39-37)