MMA Nation Round-Up provides you with daily coverage of the latest in news, multimedia, and analysis throughout the world of combat sports. This morning we continue to examine the muddled middleweight title picture, before turning our gaze to a bearded Wanderlei Silva and Mike Tyson's transformation to Brazilian singing sensation.
- Much has been said about MIchael Bisping's potential title contention after he defeats Jason Miller this weekend. Yet all the talk seems to be distracting from the very real fact that "Mayhem" could win. Kid Nate takes a look at the possibilities: "Don't be surprised to see Mayhem Miller pushed to the front of the line if he gets past Bisping this Saturday."
- Nate isn't the only one. Watch as the world unites behind "Mayhem".
- In an unfortunate turn of events, UFC middleweight Chris Leben was suspended for one-year on Monday after failing a post-UFC 138 drug test.
- Martin Kampmann busted out his full arsenal in his hard-fought unanimous decision win over Rick Story at UFC 139. Bloody Elbow breaks down one of the niftier techniques, as Kampann foot-sweeps Story with a Sasae Tsurikomi Ashi in today's Judo Chop.
- In this week's episode of unlikely pairings, UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones spars with world boxing champion Holly Holm.
- No one knows when, but Diego Sanchez and Jake Ellenberger are slated to brawl.
- Jon Fitch has a near unparalleled 13-1-1 record inside the Octagon and is the universally ranked No. 2 welterweight in the world. Despite all this, Fitch's name is rarely brought up in contender discussions, and he's not happy about it: "I have no idea what's expected of me to get the title shots."
- Last week Mike Pierce painted a rather unflattering portrait of UFC welterweight contender Rick Story. Over the weekend, Story offered his side of the story: 'He seems like a crazy ex-girlfriend that tries to make their ex-boyfriends life miserable."
- I'll just leave this here.