MMA Nation Round-Up provides you with daily coverage of the latest in news, multimedia, and analysis throughout the world of combat sports. This morning we kick off with the continued fallout from the Carlos Condit-Georges St. Pierre-Nick Diaz love triangle, before moving to news of a stewing Anderson Silva-Ed Soares beef and photographic evidence of Forrest Griffin's fabulous Halloween costume. Let's start it off.
- Carlos Condit is not a happy man after having his title shot snatched away by Nick Diaz. On Monday night Condit's manager, Malki Kawa, aired a statement regarding his client's displeasure to Inside MMA. "Contrary to what has been stated, Carlos did not step aside to allow this to happen... No option was given to him."
- After Chris Leben released volume one of his fight week video blog, fellow UFC 138 headliner Mark Munoz had to come back with something of his own. Watch as Munoz trains with teammate Krzysztof Soszynski and reminisces about a sparring session with Randy Couture that changed his life.
- Even though Chuck Liddell is retired, he recently found time in his busy schedule to go at it with "Rampage" Jackson one last time.
- How about Forrest Griffin's fancy Halloween costume? (Via CagePotato)
- Luckily for UFC fans, Fox and DirecTV avoided diaster by reaching a last minute broadcast agreement (even if we all knew it would happen). From the press release: "We both know the past ten days have been challenging, but we're pleased that both sides could eventually come together to ensure our viewers continue to enjoy Fox programming."
- Romania is a strange, strange place. Between the wolf pelts, swords, and 360-pound warriors, the European country isn't exactly for the faint of heart. Take the example of MMA fighter Alexandru Lungu, who recalled Emmanuel Yarborough's classic "smother" submission as he bested Chris Mahle. (via Cagewriter)
- For weeks we've heard constant bluster from Ed Soares about Anderson Silva's feelings on retirement and Chael Sonnen, among other things, but now it seems there may be more to the story than originally presumed. Following the release of the picture below (which may or may not have been photoshopped), Silva hinted that he wasn't happy and Soares' job may not be as safe as once thought. (via MMA Convert)
- FloWrestling caught up with Josh Koscheck at his nephew's youth wrestling tournament for a quick word. Much to the surprise of the interviewer, "Kos" declares that "wrestling is ten times harder than fighting."
- Just another day in the life of UFC middleweight Aaron Simpson.