MMA Nation Round-Up provides you with daily coverage of the latest in news, multimedia, and analysis throughout the world of combat sports. As we teeter mere hours away from UFC 137, the time seems ripe for a look back at the misadventures of welterweight headliner Nick Diaz, interspersed with some good old fight dissections and miscellaneous UFC goodness. Prepare yourself.
- Of course we'll begin with the video that kickstarted the UFC 137 roller-coaster.
- Ever want to see Diaz climb a palm tree then smash a karate-chop watermelon in half? Then this one's for you.
- Many were left wondering what the UFC's intentions were when the promotion scheduled February's Japan card as a lead-in to a pay-per-view. Now it looks like the doubters were on to something, as the UFC nipped the plan in the bud.
- Any Diaz interview where he clearly doesn't want to be there is always hilarious in its own way. Example: this Ariel Helwani gem after the infamous brawl with Jason Miller that got Strikeforce kicked off CBS. These things happen in MMA.
- Of course, Diaz followed that one up by putting "Mayhem" on blast... while being interviewed by "Mayhem".
- Nick Diaz likes weed. Nick Diaz likes weed a lot.
- Journey back to 2005 as David Castillo walks us through Nick Diaz's classic clash with Diego Sanchez.
- Finally, we'll leave you with this revealing look at the boy before the man, as an 18-year-old Diaz fights future UFC contemporary Chris Lytle. Even then he had his swagger -- check out the yawn at 4:56 that prompts the referee to stand the fight up.