After nearly stepping away from the sport, former WEC lightweight champion Jamie Varner returned from a very brief retirement to dismantle Nate Jolly at last night's XFC 14 at the UCF Arena in in Orlando, Florida. In a mere 69 seconds, the AMA-product put Jolly on his back and within moments, send Jolly to sleep with punishing ground and pound.
Round 1: They are out early and Jolly throws a leg kick and then drops for a takedown. Varner rolls for a leg lock. Jolly steps out and Varner is able to get Jolly down and then start throwing heavy shots. Jolly is OUT! Jamie Varner lands 10 punches on a sleeping Nate Jolly. Jamie Varner IS FOR REAL! THAT MAN IS MY HERO! THAT MAN IS MY HERO! Now we'll see the old Jamie Varner!
Official Result: Jamie Varner by Knockout via Ground n Pound. Jamie Varner isn't retiring or he's unretiring. He should celebrate by doing the worm.
- Jamie Varner def. Nate Jolly via TKO (punches) - Round 1, 1:09
- Carmelo Marrero def. Scott Barrett via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Marianna Kheyfets def. Molly Helsel via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Reggie Pena def. Josh Clark via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 29-28)
- Nicolae Cury def. Elijah Harshbarger via submission (armbar) - Round 1, 1:27
- Mikey Gomez def. Mike Bernhard via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 2, 3:50
- John Mahlow def. Bruce Connors via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)